Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Collages - Making Progress

My table is even a bigger mess then it was back here as I can't pull myself away from  working on more of these collages. I brought in a folding table so I could have more room to spread out all the materials I'm using. There are still several in various stages of being done but... 

I did manage to pull together and finish 8 panels in the last month or so to complete two pieces that I entered in the Mystic Arts Center's 55th Regional Juried Show. I'm so happy to say that this one was accepted for the show!
 

'Second Chance' 17" x 33.25"  Kathy Johnson
This is a detail of one of the panels. You can see the other panel details here along with the second completed collage.

'Second Chance' detail of panel 4
I have not seen the show yet so I am looking forward to the the opening reception this Thursday the 11th. In addition to all the wonderful art on view for the The Regional Show is a solo exhibition by artist Jennifer Wheeler. One of her colorful works was the first place winner in last years Regional Show. Both shows continue through September 24th.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on being selected for the art show, your collages are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy, congratulations on being in the art show!!I have yet to do the juried art show. Thanks for the comments on my blog--I always love to read what ppl write. Ileen

    ReplyDelete