Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Blue Birds

These little birds that arrived in a package as fired, unglazed pieces were a gift from my friend Pam.  So cute, but I wasn’t quite sure what I would do with them. They got tucked away for a bit and I found them while searching for some framing supplies in my cabinet last week.
I had just seen a photo of some beautiful bottles lined up on a window sill and thought the birds would look nice lined up in a similar manner. I painted them my favorite color of the moment, turquoise, searched for just the right piece of driftwood from my collection and glued them down. I love how they brighten up my plant stand – Thanks Pam!

3 comments:

  1. They look like a welcoming committee for spring!
    Cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Kathy. Such a nice way to use the little birds... they must be the Bluebirds of happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well this is a super cute solution! Love how they look so happy. They make me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete