Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Two Tuesdays - Collage #6

2012 Collage Challenge

© K. Johnson 'Quiet Morning' - 7" x 5" collage on paper
Some of the materials for this piece were gathered while having a coffee and the most delicious whole grain cranberry pecan roll at Whole Foods Market in Glastonbury. Wayne and I enjoyed a peaceful breakfast sitting by a sunny window in the cafe before the Saturday shopping crowd arrived.

I knew I wouldn't be throwing the paper coffee cups away when I saw their rust and green color - earthy tones I just love to work with. Home they went to be cut up and used as the base layer. I know I said I would be stretching myself and trying some new color palettes but I couldn't help myself here. I still have nine months to play, so lots of time for new colors.

PS: The cut off rims of the coffee cups make great cat toys - kept Tigger and Belle happy and busy for a good long time.


All the collages in this series can be seen here.

No comments:

Post a Comment